JOB POSTING: Communications & Marketing Manager
The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC exists to improve our region’s quality of life.
We are a catalyst for dynamic job creation that seeks to improve economic growth, mobility and vitality while enhancing the quality of life in our region: Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties. Together with our members, we’ve accomplished some pretty amazing things over the last 136 years.
Get to Know Us
The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC provides a unique blend of business, community/economic development, and advocacy services under one roof to boost economic vitality and livability across the region. The Chamber & CREDC is 5-star accredited by the United States Chamber of Commerce, a distinction achieved by less than five percent of chambers across the nation.
The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC is an equal opportunity employer. We’re seeking to create a diverse work culture that aligns with the communities we serve and call home. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and those we work with.
- Inclusive: We seek to create an organization and community where everyone feels that they belong.
- Data Driven: We root our evaluation and activities in data.
- Collaborative: convene and connect leaders in our business and community to move us forward.
- Positive: We are unapologetically, relentlessly positive storytellers about our work and region.
We’re looking for someone who loves to flex their creativity, has a quality-first approach to their work, and is eager to tell the incredible story of the Harrisburg Region.
This entry- to mid-level position is a hands-on strategic role with an emphasis on brand management, event marketing, and content development. The Communications & Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, managing and executing all communications plan activities and building the organization’s external relationships with stakeholders, including the regional community, Chamber members, CREDC donors and clients, and the media.
The Communications & Marketing Manager reports to the Vice President of Strategy & Chamber Impact and works closely with each department (Economic Development, Events, Investor and Member Engagement, Business Policy and Advocacy) within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Outstanding Project Management Skills: A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Strategic Storytelling Ability: A passion for uncovering, capturing, and expressing stories that make an impact through any medium, including social media, e-newsletters and printed collateral.
- Strong Writing Skills: Your writing persuades and motivates. You help others put their stories into words. You can write anything from longform articles, fundraising letters, press releases, and social media posts.
- Self-Motivation: You are a self-starter, able to work independently. You seek out opportunities to create and implement new initiatives.
If this sounds like you, keep reading!
You May Also Have (but not required):
- Experience in an in-house role within a complex nonprofit entity or membership association, communications agency setting, or government communications/press office.
- Experience with graphic design.
- Experience with photography and photo-editing.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the organization’s communications strategy to position the Chamber & CREDC as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information for the business community across Dauphin, Cumberland and Perry counties.
- Generate online content (social media and website) that engages audience segments and leads to measurable outcomes (including membership purchases, event registration, CREDC program inquiries, etc.). Decide what, where, and when to disseminate.
- Create and manage paid advertising campaigns (social media, digital, print and radio) with clear goals and measurable results.
- Track and measure the level of engagement over time to test the effectiveness of communications activities. This includes analytics, surveys and other measurement tools and strategies.
- Articulate the role of marketing, communications, and strategic positioning to internal stakeholders. Adapt projects and programs based on stakeholder feedback.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to e-newsletters, event marketing emails, annual report, event marketing materials, and website.
- Maintain established brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communication channels.
- Manage the Chamber & CREDC’s visual image, including graphic design and video development, working with vendors.
- Manage the organization’s external sponsorships and media partnerships.
- Conduct webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Manage a media relations plan to cover all offensive and defensive strategies, and manage all media contacts.
- Travel locally throughout the workday, including some evenings.
- Act as a key member of the Events team to ensure a consistent visual brand is maintained at each event.
- All other important duties assigned.
Candidates should have a minimum of 1-5 years of working experience demonstrated through either outstanding internship performance or several years working experience. Applicants should possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- The opportunity to work each day to improve your community
- An inclusive environment for all employees
- A commitment to your professional development and growth, with advancement opportunities
- Health, available dental and vision benefits; life insurance; and more
- Employer contribution to 401(k)
- Paid Parental Leave (gender-neutral)
- Generous time off (vacation, sick, personal, volunteer, bereavement, and holidays)
- Shortened summer office hours
- Flexible hybrid work environment
$45,000/yr. to $53,000/yr., commensurate with experience.
Bonus opportunities aligned to the value you create.
Ready to join us?
We can’t wait to hear from you!
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Position”. PDF submissions preferred.
- Cover letter
- 2-3 relevant work samples, including at least one job-related writing sample
Incomplete applications will not be considered.