U.S. Chamber Awards 16 Local Chambers with Accreditation
On: November 17, 2016 Filed Under: Chamber News
WASHINGTON, D.C.—The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, at its board meeting today, awarded accreditation to 16 chambers of commerce for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
“Accreditation validates a chamber as having programs that benefit its local economy and positively influence its community,” said Raymond P. Towle, IOM, CAE, U.S. Chamber vice president of Federation Relations and Institute for Organization Management. “We applaud these organizations for advancing the principles of free enterprise.”
The only program of its kind in the country, U.S. Chamber accreditation recognizes excellence in chamber planning and performance. To achieve accreditation, a chamber must demonstrate quality programs, clear organizational procedures, and effective communications by meeting minimum operation and program standards in the areas of governance, program development, government affairs, and technology.
Local and regional chambers are rated “Accredited,” “Accredited with 3 Stars,” “Accredited with 4 Stars,” or “Accredited with 5 Stars.” State chambers are rated “Accredited State Chamber,” or “Accredited State Chamber with Distinction.” The final determination is made by the accrediting board, a committee of U.S. Chamber board members, and chamber CEOs from across the country.
The following chambers of commerce received accreditation:
Accredited with 3 Stars:
- Greater Casa Grande Chamber of Commerce, Casa Grande, AZ
- Greater Tomball Area Chamber of Commerce, Tomball, TX
Accredited with 4 Stars:
- Cleveland/Bradley Chamber of Commerce, Cleveland, TN
- Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce, New Haven, CT
- Licking County Chamber of Commerce, Newark, OH
Accredited with 5 Stars:
- Chamber – SWLA, Lake Charles, LA
- Greater Aiken Chamber of Commerce, Aiken, SC
- Greater Conejo Valley Chamber of Commerce, Westlake Village, CA
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce, Norfolk, VA
- Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC, Harrisburg, PA
- Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce, Naperville, IL
- North San Diego Business Chamber, San Diego, CA
- Ocala/Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership, Ocala, FL
- Owatonna Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism, Owatonna, MN
- Putnam County Chamber of Commerce, Palatka, FL
- Rapid City Area Chamber of Commerce, Rapid City, SD
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations.
Click here for the full news release.