Planet Fitness, one of the largest and fastest-growing global franchisors and operators of fitness centers with more members than any other fitness brand, today announced the February 17 opening of its new Hershey club located at 1170 Mae Street, Suite 400 in Hummelstown. New members can join online now for just $1 down, then $10 per month or $1 down and $22.99 per month for a PF Black Card, with no commitment. New members can join now at planetfitness.com.
“We are excited to bring our Judgement Free fitness experience to the Hershey area,” said Stephen Kindler, Jr., CEO of National Fitness Partners. “At Planet Fitness, we offer an affordable membership for a high-quality fitness center and welcome anyone, at any fitness level into our friendly, comfortable, and non-intimidating environment. We encourage you to come check out our new Hershey location and see what our unique, Judgement Free Zone is all about.”
Planet Fitness offers state of the art cardio machines and strength equipment, PF360, 30-Minute Express Circuit, flat screen televisions, fully equipped locker rooms with day lockers and showers, and more. The new facility will open Wednesday, February 17.
Committed to opening the new club in a safe and responsible way, Planet Fitness has taken several steps to enhance cleanliness policies and procedures to protect the health and wellness of members, employees and the local community by implementing the following safety precautions:
- All employees will have completed extensive training related to our enhanced cleanliness and sanitization policies and procedures;
- Employees will receive daily temperature checks when they arrive to work each day;
- Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted using disinfectant on the EPA list effective against COVID-19, including 20-minute walk arounds by our team to continually clean and sanitize high-touch areas;
- Increased sanitization stations will be available throughout the gym floor and members will continue to be asked to wipe down equipment before and after use;
- Touchless check-in is available via the free Planet Fitness app, simply download the app in advance and scan in at the front desk;
- Crowd Meter feature on Planet Fitness’ mobile app allows members to check club capacity before coming into the gym;
- Masks are required (in accordance with local restrictions) in all Planet Fitness locations;
- Some pieces of cardio equipment will be temporarily marked out of use to enable Social Fitnessing™ and create additional distance between members;
- New signage will be placed throughout the club that highlights sanitization and Social Fitnessing™ guidelines.
Exercise is a critical part of the health and wellness equation. COVID-19 shutdowns have already led to a 32% reduction in physical activity among individuals who were previously active and 53% of adults in the US have reported that their mental health has been negatively impacted. The new club looks forward to providing safe and affordable access to exercise for everyone.
Planet Fitness prides itself on providing a high-quality experience at an exceptional value and being home of the Judgement Free Zone ®, where members experience a hassle-free, non-intimidating environment.
The PF Black Card ® membership, which is $22.99 a month, includes additional amenities such as the ability to bring a guest every day at no additional charge, and access to all 2,000+ Planet Fitness locations in all 50 states, among other benefits.
For more information or to join online, please visit www.PlanetFitness.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PlanetFitness) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/PlanetFitness).