After establishing itself earlier this month as an independent nonprofit organization, the Partnership for Career Development today announced the appointment of its board of directors and Lynda Morris as CEO.
“To me, the Partnership for Career Development is more than an organization,” Morris said. “It is a roadmap for successful communities of which I am extremely passionate. The Partnership plays a critical role as an agent and catalyst in career and workforce readiness, and as a developer of productive partnerships between businesses and educators. I am honored to continue to lead the organization as it forges ahead to help achieve a strong economic recovery and a prosperous future.”
Morris previously served as executive director for the organization. She has a diverse background in nonprofit management, strategic planning, career and business coaching, collaborative business education partnerships, event management and communications. She earned her bachelor of science from Hofstra University, her master’s in strategic leadership from Messiah University and holds a Pennsylvania teaching certificate.
Morris joined the Partnership for Career Development in 2013 and was appointed executive director in 2015. She led the Partnership when it joined South Central PA Works (SCPa Works) as its college and career readiness arm in 2018.
Morris is a member of the Best Practices in Workforce Development, Economic Development and Education Committee, which is a committee of Governor Wolf’s Keystone Economic Development and Workforce Command Center. Additionally, she is a member of Pennsylvania’s Next Generation Industry Partnership for Manufacturing, representing in-school youth for the region. She also serves on other committees and advisory boards dedicated to education, workforce development and business partnerships in Pennsylvania.
Morris has consulted with Team PA, the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry, and other state, regional and local agencies to develop career and workforce readiness initiatives.
The Partnership for Career Development’s board of directors is comprised of regional leaders who have a deep understanding of, and passion for, career readiness and workforce development needs in South Central Pennsylvania. The following individuals have been appointed to the board:
- Marissa Bankert, Executive Director, Central Pennsylvania Independent Electrical Contractors
- Doran Condan, Director of Workforce Initiatives, PA Workforce Development Association
- Tiffanie DeVan, Higher Education Access Partner, PHEAA
- Shaun Donovan, Director of Regional Workforce Partnerships, Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC
- Robin Harmon, Site Administrator, PA CareerLink Franklin County, Equus Workforce Solutions
- Shelly Matter, Director of Business Development, H.B. McClure Company
- Lynda Morris, CEO, Partnership for Career Development
- Todd Morris, Vice President, Pennoni Engineering, ACEC
- Tom Palisin, Executive Director, The Manufacturers’ Association
- Dr. Andria Saia, Executive Director, Capital Area Intermediate Unit
- Peter Tartline, Chief Operating Officer, Pennsylvania Health Care Association
For more information about the Partnership for Career Development and its initiatives, visit the Partnership’s website at crpcd.org. To learn about program partner opportunities, contact Courtney Maurer, Strategic Partnerships and Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com.