The Chamber & CREDC invites members to post their RFP’s on our website. RFP’s will remain active until specified expiration date. To post your RFP you must be a current Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC member. Any RFP submitted by non-members will not be considered. Approved RFP’s will appear below. Complete the form below to submit your RFP for approval.
Community Action Commission, now doing business as Tri County Community Action (TCCA), is requesting proposals from qualified contractors to complete construction on three building façade improvements.
TCCA was incorporated in Harrisburg, PA on April 12, 1966 as a private, nonprofit, anti-poverty planning agency serving Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties. TCCA works with families and communities to provide comprehensive services to creatively maximize the resources necessary to become self-sufficient. TCCA utilizes a results oriented approach to promote self-sufficiency, family stability, and community revitalization to eradicate poverty at its root; through empowerment and helping people help themselves.
As part of TCCA’s Neighborhood Revitalization program, the target area of Derry Street between 13th and 17th streets has been selected to begin commercial façade improvements in the South Allison Hill neighborhood. This section of Derry Street has been a historical commercial corridor since the late 1800s and still has most of its original brick buildings and storefronts. Over a century of history has seen facades adapted and changed due to window replacement, lack of maintenance and other issues. Businesses in the area are gaining customers and the restoration of this historic corridor could be a catalyst to broader economic development in the community.
To protect the community’s historical character, the South Allison Hill Business Façade Grant Program through TCCA will provide an opportunity for commercial/retail property owners and business owners to repair and restore their facades to improve the overall quality of the buildings and the retail corridor.
Proposed Project Schedule
This project will complete construction of three property façade improvements in 2016.
Due Date: January 1, 1970
- October 6, 2016 – Proposal submission deadline
- October 14, 2016 – Selection and notification of winning proposal
- October 17, 2016 – Proposed construction start date
- Possess all professional licenses and insurance.
- Have experience and staff expertise in rehabilitation of historic structures.
- Have experience working with Pennsylvania and federal competitive bidding laws and contracting requirements.
- Have experience working with Federal Labor Standards, including Davis-Bacon prevailing wage requirements.
- Adhere to all City insurance requirements and provide documentation if a contract is awarded.
- General Requirements
- Cover letter
- Firm name, address, telephone number, website (if applicable)
- Point of contact: name, telephone number, email
- Capacity to perform required services
- Areas of expertise addressed by the team members presented in submittal
- Company Profile
- Company overview. If the Proposer is a team of firms, include a Company Overview for all consulting firms participating as team members.
- Resumes for proposed project manager and staff. If the proposer is a team of firms, include resumes for the proposed project manager and staff from each participating firm.
- Provide information documenting relevant experience from projects within the past 10 years. Please provide client and client’s point of contact information with each relevant project.
- Summarize the proposers suggested approach and methodology including:
- Clearly defined scope of work and fee separately for each property
- TCCA expects that any and all items of services required to complete the project are to be included in the bid, or specifically noted if they are not. It is the prospective vendor’s responsibility to ensure that any labor and necessary engineering time are included in the submitted bid to cover the stated project scope.
- Proposed distribution of tasks among team members
- Include a description of how you/your firm/your team would approach successful implementation of the project given the project timeline.
- Project Schedule
- Provide project timeline including major tasks and/or milestones.
- Level of locally owned business participation, WBE or MBE.
- The bid should include a contract for all proposed services. If the vendor does not wish to submit an actual contract with the bid, due to alternatives proposed or multiple choices provided, a sample contract must be submitted.
- Compliance with administrative requirements of the request for proposal (format, due date, etc.).
- Adequacy of the proposed methodology
- Skill and experience of key personnel
- Demonstrated experience
- Vendor’s financial stability
- Vendor’s demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit sector
- References supplied by vendor
- Ability/commitment to meeting time deadlines
- Minority- or women-owned business status of vendor
- Other qualities that make the bidder uniquely qualified to perform the installation work described above
Notification of Award
- It is expected that a decision selecting the successful proposal will be made within 1 week of the closing date for the receipt of proposals.
- Upon conclusion of final negotiations with the successful entity, all Offerors submitting proposals in response to this Request for Proposal will be informed, in writing, of the name of the successful entity.
RFP request form