Local craft beer documentary now available online
On: July 13, 2015 Filed Under: Member News
Co-Owner and Executive Producer Nate Kresge said his team partnered with Bozich, with whom they co-produce the web series, What’s on Tap, to explore the greater Harrisburg area’s growing craft beer industry.
“Brewed in the Burg is much more than a movie about beer,” said Kresge. “Through filming, we uncovered a unique community that is strong and passionate about their craft and working together.”
The film, shot over four months throughout the area, originally was released during Harrisburg Beer Week. It features two dozen interviews with local brewers, home brewers and craft beer industry professionals, including John and Chris Trogner of Troegs Brewing Company, Artie Tafoya of Appalachian Brewing Company, and Al Kominski of Pizza Boy Brewing Company and Al’s of Hampden, among others.
See below for a full list of interviews.
The online version contains never-before-seen footage. It runs just over an hour in length.
GK Visual and Bozich also are asking viewers to consider utilizing Vimeo’s “tip jar” feature to raise funds in order to share Brewed in the Burg with a larger audience. The team is planning several public screenings for fall 2015.
“We are proud to be able to release this film for free, and we hope viewers will feel passionately enough to help us bring this product to a wider audience, including additional screenings and possible television placement,” said Kresge.
Full list of interviews:
- Chris and John Trogner, Troegs Brewing Company
- Ryan DeLutis, Brewery at Hershey
- Adam Sturges, The Sturges Speakeasy
- Derek Markel, homebrewer
- Tim Myers, homebrewer
- Terry Hawbaker, Pizza Boy Brewing Company; Intangible Ales
- Karl Larson, Regional Harrisburg Area Brewers
- Bart Kaminski, Hop Hedz Gear
- Jess Horn, Wilsbach Distributors
- Megan Moore, Victory Brewing
- Zach Ziegler, Molly Pitcher Brewing Company
- Kevin J. Spicer, Market Cross Pub and Brewery
- David Black, Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC
- Adam Dellinger, Sunny Brae Hops
- Rep. Patty Kim, 103rd District
- Kris and Albert de Bock, Regional Harrisburg Area Brewers
- Kurt Wewer, The Garlic Poet; Grain + Verse Bottlehouse
- Beau Faulkner, BangTap
- Tierney Pomone, Chelsie Markel and Colleen Nguyen, Stouts and Stilettos
- Artie Tafoya, Appalachian Brewing Company
- Alan Miller, Millbock Brewing Company
- Theo and Brandalynn Armstrong, Zeroday Brewing Company