WHITAKER CENTER FOR SCIENCE AND THE ARTS
POSITION: Development Coordinator
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This is a part-time hourly position reporting directly to the Vice President, Development at Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: Provide administrative support, assist with special events, and design materials for the Development Department.
Including: help plan special events, assist in developing department and event materials and newsletters, donor data entry utilizing Donor Perfect, manage department excel spreadsheets, implement aspects of donor recognition, schedule day to day volunteer duties, and administrative functions of the Development Department.
1. Assist in developing department materials including newsletters, messages from CEO, Annual Report, holiday cards, proposals/pitch decks, and special event promotional materials.
2. Help plan special events.
3. Assist with donor recognition including appropriate signage in center, at events, donor plaques, and publications.
4. Assist with development projects as assigned.
5. Maintain accurate and up to date email distribution lists.
6. Manage, coordinate, track hours, and develop the volunteer working schedules.
7. Maintains all donor and fundraising records through electronic and paper files. Utilize Donor Perfect software and excel spreadsheets to provide accurate donor records. Ensure prompt receipts and acknowledgement letters are sent.
8. Assist Vice President of Development and Development Manager in compiling information for funder reports and applications.
9. Attend departmental and all-staff meetings as directed, staying informed of ongoing changes in department and overall organization.
10. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Vice President, Development.
This position description is relative to major requirements and is not intended to be all inclusive.
1. Bachelor degree in related field preferred or a minimum of two (2) years hands-on experience in a fundraising or marketing/public relations environment. College students are welcome.
2. Possess advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, data base management, financial record keeping, and spreadsheets.
3. Ability to learn and use donor software. Experience with databases a significant plus.
4. Experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Photo Shop and in basic design.
5. Must be flexible and able to manage several projects simultaneously.
6. Must be able to provide courteous and effective service to general public, co-workers and volunteers. Positive and friendly attitude at all times.
7. Must be able to maintain confidentially of all development office information.
8. Ability to write, edit, and proofread correspondence and presentation materials for accuracy and style.
9. Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
10. Ability to successfully complete a Pennsylvania State Police Clearance, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance obtained through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and a Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal History Record Information obtained by submitting a full set of fingerprints to the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
1. Computer literate; knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, design programs, and donor management software.
2. Working knowledge of telephone, computer, printer, fax machine, copier and calculator.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com