Who We Are
Voce (formerly Family Design Resources, Inc.) works with agencies and professionals who support children and families throughout Pennsylvania. From private social service agencies to public systems for child welfare, education, mental health and juvenile justice, we provide programs, technical assistance and training to help cultivate healthy, supported families in Pennsylvania.
Voce partners with Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries to deliver the programs of the Pennsylvania Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN). SWAN includes county children and youth agencies, private adoption agencies, Pennsylvania’s Office of Children, Youth and Families, foster and adoptive parents, and many others all working together on behalf of children who need permanent homes.
SWAN LSI Paralegals
Voce employs paralegals to preform work for the SWAN Legal Services Initiative (LSI), a program that was created to address barriers within the legal process that delay permanency for a child in the child welfare system. LSI paralegals work out of every county’s children and youth office. LSI paralegals assist counties with all aspects of the legal process which ensures children are in safe and permanent homes.
Voce is seeking a full-time LSI Paralegal. General knowledge/work experience in legal or in child welfare and an Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate is preferred. A minimum of 5 years of related experience will be considered in lieu of degree and/or certification.
Job duties may include the following:
– Draft legal documents for solicitor review, including petitions, orders, motions and stipulations
– Participate in county court hearings and pre-hearing conferences
– Assist with all aspects of lay and expert witness preparation for testimony
– Facilitate and/or train on approved LSI training topics
– Support county best practices
– Conduct diligent searches to locate parents, relatives or other potential permanency resources or connections for children who are receiving services from, or are in the custody of the county and collaborate with caseworkers regarding all search results
We strive to hire motivated professionals with strong organizational and time management skills who will thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. Our paralegals are required to travel to trainings and meetings which could occasionally include overnight stays. Travel expenses are reimbursed as per our policies.
We offer a competitive salary along with the opportunity to grow and advance within our organization. We offer a benefits package that includes:
– Medical, dental, vision
– Employer-paid short term disability benefit
– Employer-paid life insurance
– Paid holidays and paid time off
– Contribution equivalent to 6% of your salary to your 401(k)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to be considered.
To learn more, please visit www.vocetogether.org
To learn more about LSI, please visit www.diakon-swan.org
To apply for this job please visit vocetogether.hirecentric.com.