Website Tri County Community Action
Helping People and Changing Lives
The Communications Manager is responsible for the coordination and management of internal and external messaging and communication to further the agency’s mission. The Manager will provide leadership for initiatives to advance the impact and successful outcomes achieved. Principle working hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm with occasional evening and weekend coverage necessary.
• Create and implement an annual comprehensive and coordinated communications plan to include (but not limited to) planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining quality control of social media, print materials, public relations, and mass communications regarding the organization.
• Develop more effective and efficient ways to market programs and services to clients, general public, stakeholders, and funders/donors.
• Act as the editor for the agency’s communication directory.
• Publish regular e-bulletins, e-blasts, and e-newsletters, in combination with print media, for clients, partners, staff, general public, stakeholders, and funders/donors on key topics.
• Publish a regular (monthly) agency newsletter.
• Develop and cultivate relationships with local media.
• Build support for the agency through media relations, marketing, public relations, and communications.
• Keep internal and external communication pieces current, to include brochures, flyers, website, social media, and other promotional items.
• Develop and produce an annual report.
• Develop and produce specialized materials such as infographics, or other program specific communication pieces.
• Assist with grant writing and donor solicitation.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of fundraising events.
• Represent the organization and be able to passionately speak on behalf of the agency’s impact and other anti-poverty topics.
• All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, including familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Social Media Channels.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and at least two writing samples to email@example.com
This position offers a starting salary of $41,860 plus a generous benefits package
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org