Website Penn State Health
Responsible for building engagement, socialization of online content and monitoring of social networks for potential threats and/or opportunities. Responsible for integrating social media into the overall marketing strategy and increasing interaction between social media properties and traditional websites.
Either: (A) Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Sociology, Business Administration or related degree plus 2 years of professional work experience in advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field required; or (B) 6 years of professional work experience in advertising, PR, online marketing, or similar field required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of the ever-changing social media landscape, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, Foursquare, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Forums, Wikis, blogs, etc.
- Demonstrated background in cultivating online communities required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills required.
- Deep knowledge of social media tools, including social networking, bookmarking, collaboration, media sharing and blog publishing required.
- Demonstrated background in editorial and technical content development.
- Proficiency with MS Office and SEO required.
- Working knowledge of technology involved to create podcasts and videos as well as software to edit multimedia files required.
- Proficiency in content management and the use of content management systems required.
A background in interactive marketing or public relations is preferred.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position’s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com