Website Capital Area Transit (CAT)
Capital Area Transit provides a safe environment for not only its employees, but those members of the public that use our services. The Safety and Risk Coordinator, educates, develops and models safe behaviors that improve and maintain the Authority’s culture of safety. This position is responsible for the development, implementation, training and future reviews of the Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) as directed under the PTASP final rule. Administers the workers compensation program, including all claims, modified duty and return to work processes. Assists the insurance companies and legal teams with documentation. Provides annual safety refresher training courses; develops, maintains, and educates the Authority’s accident reduction efforts. Oversees the Accident Review Committee, promoting exchange of ideas and suggestions to advance workplace safety. Documents all accidents and incidents, participates in accident and injury investigations and may respond to motor vehicle accident scenes as needed. Responsible for upkeep and training documentation of HAZCOM program, monthly and annual NTD filings, and communication of safety goals for the Authority.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Occupational Safety & Health is preferred.
- A Certificate of Risk Management (CRM or ARM) and/or a Certified/Associate Safety Professional (CSP/ASP) and/or Safety Management Specialist (SMS) and/or An Advanced Safety Certification (ASC) in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with safety related functions.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with P and Air Brake Endorsement is a plus.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to US DOT Drug and Alcohol pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and return to duty testing.
A Certificate of Risk Management (CRM or ARM) and/or a Certified/Associate Safety Professional (CSP/ASP) and/or Safety Management Specialist (SMS) and/or An Advanced Safety Certification (ASC) in lieu of degree is acceptable.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Ability to provide oversight to safety and accident review committee.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job; to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations within a diverse population.
- Willingness to promote and follow Authority policies and rules.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of risk management.
- Knowledge of SMS, ADA and other safety & security administration, practices and principles.
- Ability to administer workers compensation program and work with insurance company.
- Ability to conduct investigations, facilitate meetings and training sessions.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Ability to understand transit systems operations, and Union Contract.
- Understanding of HR legal requirements for compliance.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Ability to represent the Authority to the public in a professional, helpful and cooperative manner.
- Additional duties and tasks as assigned by the Authority.
To apply for this job please visit cattransit.applicantpro.com.