Website Nauman Smith Shissler & Hall, LLP
Nauman Smith, a general practice law firm in Harrisburg PA, is looking for a skilled litigation paralegal to be the backbone of its trial team. Experience in estate administration is also a plus!
You will be responsible for the coordination of all the details before, during and after trial. The successful candidate will be able to provide assistance during all phases of the litigation process including conducting interviews, legal research, document filing and attending trials.
• Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research and initial case assessments.
• Draft pleadings, motions, subpoenas, discovery requests, and appellate documents and file them with the court.
• Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc.).
• Maintain discovery indexes.
• Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices for depositions and trials.
• Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests.
• Gather relevant information from a variety of sources.
• Liaise between trial teams and internal/external clients and third parties.
• Help with witness preparation.
• Provide assistance during trials.
• Proven working experience as a litigation paralegal.
• Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules, procedures and practices, and e-filing requirements of state and federal courts, etc.
• Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail.
• Extensive computer and database expertise including Microsoft Office, electronic document management, practice management software, and e-filing systems in trial and appellate courts.
• Paralegal Associates degree or other relevant certification or experience.
A minimum of 3-5 years of law firm experience is essential. Salary is commensurate with experience. Additionally, Nauman Smith provides an excellent benefit package including employee health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off and retirement plan.
Email your resume and salary requirement to: email@example.com.
If you’re looking for a new adventure, come join the oldest law firm in Harrisburg which has also received Tier 1 rankings in the 2020 Edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms.” Firms included in the 2020 “Best Law Firms” list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from clients and peers. Achieving a tiered ranking signals a unique combination of quality law practice and breadth of legal expertise. Nauman Smith received Tier 1 rankings for Commercial Litigation and Municipal Law, in addition to a Tier 2 ranking for Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law. The rankings were determined through the firm’s overall evaluation compiled from a combination of exceptional client feedback, the high regard that lawyers in other firms in the same practice area have for the firm, and information provided by Nauman Smith in response to a request by U.S. News – Best Lawyers. The 2020 rankings are based on the highest number of participating firms and highest number of client votes received on record. To be eligible, a firm must have at an attorney listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, which recognizes the top 4 percent of practicing attorneys in the US. Dating back to 1871, Nauman Smith is the oldest law firm in Harrisburg. The firm maintains an office at 200 North Third Street in Harrisburg. Come join us!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org