Bold Leadership. Visionary Members. Powerful Results.
The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC exists to improve our region’s quality of life.
We’re a catalyst for dynamic job creation, policy change and economic growth that enhances the quality of life in our region: Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties. Together with our members, we’ve accomplished some pretty amazing things over the last 135 years.
Get to Know Us
We define ourselves with BOLD LEADERSHIP. We’re a knowledgeable organization guiding the regional business community. Our tribe is our VISIONARY MEMBERS. We energize and engage our boards and members, transforming that energy into action that positively affects the region. Our consistent POWERFUL RESULTS shape the communities we call home.
- Leadership: We lead with purpose toward a better future for the residents of our region.
- Trust: We build trust by delivering results with speed, integrity and innovation.
- Collaboration: We collaborate with business, government and communities for better results.
- Excellence: We strive to be excellent in all that we do.
It’s all about people. A key part of our Chamber Operations team, the Membership Services Director works to acquire new member businesses and retain existing member businesses. This person must deliver excellent customer service, be a self-starter, be a good listener, be a good salesperson and be able to work collaboratively. There are occasions when the Membership Services Director will perform marketing, meeting planning and other HRCC related duties in support of overall member development and health of the organization.
What it looks like for you
To succeed, you must love the Harrisburg region, you must have a genuine desire to help the people who live and work here thrive, and you must enjoy attending regional events and celebrations.
You will seek out and meet with businesses in the Harrisburg Region to learn more about them and their goals. You will help them align Chamber & CREDC resources with those goals to create positive results.
You will communicate with Chamber & CREDC members and partners on a daily basis, providing exceptional experiences with each interaction. You will enhance the image of HRCC through your communication with members and your involvement in the community.
You will be an integral part of the HRCC team and continually work together with your co-workers and Chamber volunteers to contribute to the advancement of HRCC and its mission.
- Acquire new members:
- Perform prospecting activities, including but not limited to, research, cold-calling and scheduled sales visits
- Follow up on all inbound leads and provide information as requested
- Other activities as assigned
- Retain existing members:
- Contact members with unpaid dues to encourage payment and ensure membership value
- Visit and hold phone calls with existing members to discuss membership value
- Other activities as assigned
- Establish rapport with all HRCC staff and be familiar with all products, services, projects, and programs of HRCC
- Keep member records updated in member database
- Ensure complete and thorough documentation of all customer interactions and membership processes
- Attend community functions important to HRCC and your goals
- Manage and lead the Ambassadors Committee (comprised of volunteers)
- Manage member ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Plan and lead Member Success Luncheons (member benefit orientations)
- Contributes to the overall success of the organization by performing other duties and participating in special projects and events, as assigned
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of demonstrated sales experience
- Superior customer-service oriented skills
- Values aligned with those of the Chamber
- Flexibility and ability to deliver results
- Track record of initiative and ownership of work
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude, ability to maintain grace under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work some early mornings and some evenings
- A valid PA driver’s license and properly insured vehicle are required.
You May Also Have
- Demonstrated customer service experience, with strong follow-throughs
- Sales experience with intangible products, in the B2B space or in a membership organization
- Meeting or event planning experience
- Experience managing volunteers
- The opportunity to work each day to improve your community
- A commitment to your professional development and growth
- Health, available dental and vision benefits; life insurance; and more
- Employer contribution to 401(k)
- Generous time off (vacation, sick time, personal days and holidays)
- Shortened summer office hours
- A year-round program of fun activities for staff to enjoy
Base salary with commission and bonus structure based on sales/retention results. Excellent earning potential for a motivated individual.
Ready to join us?
We can’t wait to hear from you!
To apply, send the following to Kara Luzik Canale at email@example.com.
- Cover letter
- Salary/compensation requirements
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org