Website Capital Area Transit (CAT)
Plans, organizes and manages the information technology functions for the Authorities (Capital Area Transit and rabbittransit). Responsible for developing the Authorities’ short and long range technology plan, ensuring the development, implementation and maintenance of computer systems, as well as telecommunications and computing infrastructure development and support for both organizations.
This position is responsible and accountable for the information technology function. Performs professional level work in implementing, developing and evaluating information technology projects and policies and procedures. Manages computer systems development, telecommunications, and computing infrastructure development functions. Establishes definition, design, acquisition, installation, development, and maintenance of a variety of information and database application. Responsible for developing Authorities’ six-year Information Technology Plan and related strategies. Provides in-house services to departments on a variety of information and database application systems. Manages hardware and software related to communications of all types used by the Authorities. Serves on Authorities’ project teams to ensure technology requirements are identified and included at initial stages of specification development. Coordinates efforts of vendors, contractors and staff to ensure maximum use of equipment and continuation of service with minimum system down time. Maintains and upgrades file servers. Prepares and develops annual division budget. Reviews network and communication invoices for accuracy and submits for payment. Responsible for adding new phones and change existing phone locations as requested. Provides training and education to staff on effective use of computers. Interviews vendors, suppliers, and business representatives interested in supplying or providing communication services to the Authorities. Acts a liaison for department directors and managerial staff for current and future hardware and software needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible information systems and network administration including two years of supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Must possess valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License, which is not under suspension or revocation.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- Ability to evaluate technological trends and develop and monitor technology services.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to define problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Ability to manage projects and write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to understand transit systems operations and service area.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of changing situations in a timely manner.
- Ability to be detail oriented, ensure accuracy, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be organized and work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; Ability maintain compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Ability to manage one’s own time and to follow a schedule to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex information in order to take action; to prioritize work; and to explain situations to department heads and track down information until the situation is resolved.
- Expert level in computer applications to include MS Office.
- Ability to actively listen, communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions that are given in English. Ability to complete records. Ability to work with diverse customers.
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a mission driven environment.
- A collaborative and flexible style with the ability to work cooperatively with a variety of staff, both internally and externally.
- Ability to represent Authorities to employees and outside vendors and other entities with the highest professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must have regular attendance and punctuality; Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, various shifts and weekend work.
To apply for this job please visit cattransit.applicantpro.com.