Website Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
This position is responsible for all aspects of food service and guest satisfaction within the Harvest and Poolside at The Hotel Hershey.
This is a seasonal position for the summer beginning April/May 2019. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays based on operational needs.
- Responsible for food and beverage service between the Harvest and seasonal operating hours of Poolside, while working as part of a team in an efficient, professional and guest-related manner
- Taking orders, presenting orders, keeping the guest table clean and orderly (including clearing and resetting tables and floor maintenance as needed), and ensuring that all the opening, on-going and closing side work is accomplished in an effective manner
- Maintaining constant communication with the kitchen to meet the needs of the guest and provide maximum guest satisfaction is essential.
- Side work may include but isn’t limited to restocking all dining and service areas; clearing and resetting tables; completing daily and weekly cleaning sheets; ensuring that condiments are amply supplied on the guest’s table prior to the guests taking their seats, requisitioning supplies and maintaining a clean and orderly work area will be required
- This position is self-banking, and must properly use all machinery and equipment
- Answer questions from guests and offer suggestions; and handle guest complaints
- Other duties may be assigned by management
This position will work in paired zones within Harvest to maintain high standards of service. A tip out of 5% of beverage sales to the Bartender
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work at least 16 hours per week
- 6 months work experience as a server preferred
- Must be able to work all shifts designations
- Must present a clean, orderly and professional appearance; practicing good hygiene and setting an example in this area as per The Hotel Hershey standards
- Must be able to pass the accredited alcohol server test (TIPS) within probation period
- Must be proficient in the knowledge of all food, food-related items and beverage items (beverage items to include beer, wine cocktails, spirits and cordials)
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Able to competently handle the designated table section
- Must be able to stoop, bend, pull, and lift 50 lbs. and to work and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work flexible hours based upon operational needs to include: breakfast, lunch, and dinner shifts
- Must be able to tolerate extremes of hot and cold temperatures.
This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.hersheyjobs.com.