Website Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
A unique opportunity to coordinate and manage rentals of Wheelchairs, Strollers, and Electronic Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) for guests with accessibility needs who wish to experience the park. This position involves communicating with guests who may be differently abled or have accessibility needs and facilitating the rental of equipment to these guests as well as explaining how to enroll and use the accessibility program. You will be responsible for processing sales on a register, and handling rental agreements and documentation, as well as training guests on the proper operation of equipment. As a Wheelchair, Stroller, and Accessibility Associate, you will be one of the first faces our guests may see upon arriving at the park, and as such, we expect that you greet our guests with the kindness and professionalism that Hersheypark is known for. You will be responsible for ensuring that all equipment is properly stored and utilized by our guests.
A Rental and Accessibility Associate will manage the daily rental of manual wheelchairs, ECVs, and strollers. This position is also responsible for guest enrollment in Hersheypark’s Accessibility/ADA Program.
- In addition to the job functions mentioned below, other job duties may be assigned based on operational need
- Gain valuable customer service skills by greeting and interacting with guests as they enter the location
- Learn cash handling skills by operating registers
- Keeping proper logs of all guest rental information, wheelchair and ECV breakdown information, and accessibility program information
- Use basic computer skills to assist guests with enrolling in the accessibility program
- Follow scripting as provided for certain guest situations
- Maintain cleanliness of all rental building spaces as well as all rental equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older on the date of applying.
- We are looking for someone who is outgoing, empathetic, team-focused, and patient
- Must communicate and work well with other employees and be able to interact with our guests
- Must have reliable transportation to and from your scheduled shifts
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines. Please note some departments may be more stringent on the appearance guidelines due to business needs
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Available to work 2 days during weekend operation
- Available to work 3 days during daily operation
- Must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week May-August
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 7:30am and midnight, including weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements include standing (75-100% of the shift), sitting, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 60 lbs., finger dexterity and communicating
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.hersheyjobs.com.