Website Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
Location: Corporate Services – Hershey, PA
Type: Full-time + Benefits + Sweet Perks
All applicants must submit an application online
The Paralegal is part of the Legal Team for Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company, which owns and/or operates HERSHEYPARK® Amusement Park and Entertainment Complex, HERSHEY LODGE® resort and convention center, THE HOTEL HERSHEY® resort, HERSHEY BEARS® Hockey Club, and more. The Paralegal will be responsible for the administration of the Company’s contract management system (CMS), and assisting with the Company’s liquor and food and beverage licenses, general liability claims and litigation, intellectual property portfolio, and drafting and redlining of contracts and other documents. This person reports to a Corporate Counsel Legal team member.
Job Functions(Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Administer the Company’s CMS, including setting up and managing workflows, reports, users, and contract templates. Continually develop and implement more efficient processes for users of the system to ensure compliance with Company policies.*
- Support users of the CMS through training and troubleshooting. Through CMS audits and completing the contract close-out process, ensure contract review, approval, and execution in accordance with Company policies. Collaborate with contract owners to make sure the required documentation is uploaded to the CMS, including certificates of insurance as required.*
- Assist with the Company’s liquor and food and beverage licenses, including filing applications, responding to requests for information, and maintaining and updating files and spreadsheets.*
- Assist with the Company’s general liability and other claims and litigation. Includes sending litigation hold notices; assisting with investigations; responding to subpoenas, discovery, and other legal requests for information; and maintaining and updating files and spreadsheets.*
- Assist with the Company’s intellectual property portfolio. Includes helping to perform trademark clearances, assisting with trademark and copyright filings, supporting enforcement actions, and maintaining the Company’s trademark handbook.*
- Assist with preparing initial drafts of Company contracts and other documents and redlining third party contracts for attorney review. Includes drafting termination letters, demand letters, and reviewing contracts and other legal documents for accuracy and compliance with Company policies and procedures.*
- Assist with conducting legal research and perform other duties as assigned.*
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Strong comprehension of contract terms and conditions
- Bachelor’s degree – Paralegal or related field
- 18 years of age or older
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrate proactivity and take ownership of daily responsibilities and projects
- Ability to accurately key data into a software program following prescribed guidelines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with PA Rules of Professional Conduct governing lawyers and Company policies
- Demonstrate integrity and exercise good judgment
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit careers.hersheyjobs.com.