Website Gemstone Human Services
Gemstone Human Services is NOW HIRING several IMMEDIATE Direct Support Professionals in Central Pennsylvania!
Services are provided throughout the week during various scheduled days and times. Hours vary for each position. Hours are determined based on client needs.
This position is flexible and no experience is necessary! Employees receive weekly pay and have the opportunity to receive bonus pay for recruiting new staff! All employees will also be eligible to take part in a Tuition Discount Program for select undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and degree completion programs.
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) work with individuals who have been diagnosed with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. DSPs are responsible for providing one-on-one In-Home and Community-based services, including habilitation, companionship, and/or respite services. Direct Support Professionals provide guidance and support in helping individuals gain independence, interdependence, and community integration.
Core Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Provide services to each person in their home and/or their community according to their Individual Support Plan (ISP). – Participate in implementing the Individual Support Plan (ISP) designed to enhance the individual’s social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and independent living skills.
– Assist individuals in the development of appropriate behavioral, social, money management, housekeeping, hygiene, and other skills based on outcomes in the Individual Support Plan (ISP).
– Complete and submit all daily progress notes and timesheets in a timely and professional manner, in accordance with Gemstone Human Services guidelines.
– Provide transportation for the person to local community outings or scheduled appointments in direct support staff’s personal vehicle.
– Work independently with minimal supervision in the person’s home or local community.
Special Requirements: Staff must have a valid current driver’s license, vehicle registration, vehicle insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport each person to their appointments.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our staff and clients as safe as possible, contact will be made with each client prior to scheduled shifts to ensure household members are free of any symptoms related to COVID-19. Staff will be provided with masks to wear during shift.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.