Website Equus Workforce Solutions
The PA CareerLink Reentry Mentor will have a concentrated focus on justice involved youth and adults and is responsible for one-on-one mentoring sessions, connecting individuals with pro-social activities, and helping individuals become employment ready, ultimately leading to a sustainable, fulfilling career. The candidate is expected to have a thorough understanding of the criminal justice system, its impact on people and families, the local labor market, and customer needs.
• Facilitate reentry planning and community resource coordination for individuals in South Central PA
• Meet with individuals in a jail setting, both one-on-one and in group settings
• Maintain up to date knowledge on the criminal justice system, the local labor market, and criminal justice research. Be able to communicate these complex ideas and processes to community agencies, partners, etc.
• Serve as a vital part of the individual’s support system, assisting them with barrier remediation and development of strong interpersonal skills
• Provide one-on-one individualized services to each customer to ensure short and long term goals are met.
• Meet with mentees on a regular basis and more when needed. Excel at creating a safe space for open dialogue and discussion.
• Document all customer interactions within the PA CareerLink system of record (CWDS)
• Maintain interpersonal boundaries and ensure the role of mentor and mentee is clearly defined at the onset of the relationship ensuring safety for all individuals involved.
• Maintain accurate customer files
• Collect data and generate reports, prepare reports and presentations as needed
• Work collaboratively with team members
• Lived Criminal Justice System Involvement
• Familiarity with workforce development a plus
• Experience working with criminal justice system partners and justice involved individuals
• Experience with public speaking and group facilitation
• Must be able to interact with customers of all backgrounds and advocate on their behalf
• Have a deep level of empathy and excellent listening skills
• Have a thorough understanding of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and their uses in reducing recidivism
• Strong organizational, decision making, and interpersonal skills
• Be able to work remotely or in person as required
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• Valid Driver’s License and an automobile are required
About our Line of Business
Equus Workforce Solutions, formerly ResCare Workforce Services, is the nation’s leading provider of workforce development services in North America. With a dedicated and passionate team, Equus puts the industry’s best practices to work nationwide by focusing on the development, design, and delivery of demand-driven workforce solutions. Assisting over a million job seekers and thousands of employers annually, Equus Workforce Solutions is the most comprehensive workforce development company in the United States. For more information visit https://equusworks.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers-brightspring.icims.com.