Website Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC
Bold Leadership. Visionary Members. Powerful Results.
The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC exists to improve our region’s quality of life.
We’re a catalyst for dynamic job creation, policy change and economic growth that enhances the quality of life in our region: Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties. Together with our members, we’ve accomplished some pretty amazing things over the last 135 years.
Get to Know Us
We define ourselves with BOLD LEADERSHIP. We’re a knowledgeable organization guiding the regional business community. Our tribe is our VISIONARY MEMBERS. We energize and engage our boards and members, transforming that energy into action that positively affects the region. Our consistent POWERFUL RESULTS shape the communities we call home.
The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC is an equal opportunity employer. We’re seeking to create a diverse work culture that aligns with the communities we serve and call home. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and those we work with.
- Leadership: We lead with purpose toward a better future for the residents of our region.
- Trust: We build trust by delivering results with speed, integrity and innovation.
- Collaboration: We collaborate with business, government and communities for better results.
- Excellence: We strive to be excellent in all that we do.
We’re looking for someone who can blend their passion for data with personable relationship skills and a professional presentation style with a core purpose to boost the economic vitality of this region for our businesses and residents.
The Economic Development Specialist, an integral part of CREDC’s service delivery mission, reports to the Vice-President of Economic Development and is responsible for components of a large variety of the daily workings of an innovative economic development organization. These include, but are not limited to, grant writing, real estate / site selection, research and data compilation, business interviews, economic development zone development and administration, committee participation, and construction project assistance.
What it looks like for you
This role provides the person selected with great variety. Each day may be very different from the last. Stringing together varied activities and experiences to support one cohesive vision and strategy requires a long-term approach and wide-angle view.
Primary responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Interface with the Governor’s Action Team, Office of International Business Development, commercial realtors/ developers, site selection consultants and business executives with the goal of finding suitable buildings or sites for businesses as well as providing detailed and technical information.
- Respond in a time sensitive manner to inquiries from relocating companies for regional real estate availabilities, infrastructure, workforce, business incentives, etc.
- Develop a working knowledge of the numerous State, Federal, Local and Private sources of grants and creative financing alternatives.
- Compile, manage and maintain regional demographic materials including but not limited to census data sources, cost of living data, specific labor market and wage information, real estate rates, tax rates, general demographics, etc.
- Meet and mentor prospective business clients including answering inquires and referrals regarding the availability of local, state, and federal services with a concentration on available real estate options, as well as state and local business incentive programs.
- Refer clients to proper channels of assistance in the event that CREDC cannot provide a needed service.
- Meet with businesses, municipal leaders, and other organizations within Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry counties to assist in regional economic development efforts.
- Administer the South-Central Keystone Opportunity Zone program in cooperation with the sub-zone coordinators.
- Interact directly with officials at federal, state and local levels, the PA Department of Community and Economic Development and the PA Department of Transportation.
- Assist with the packaging of finance programs including loans and grants.
- Contributes to the overall success of the organization by performing other duties and participating in special projects and events, as assigned.
Are you energized by learning and by variety? Do you feel rewarded when challenged to learn quickly and adapt to change? Do you find joy in establishing connections and maintaining relationships with business resources?
If so, then consider joining our team!
Experience and Requirements
- Candidates should have a minimum 2 years of experience in an economic development or related role.
- A Bachelor’s Degree related to Business, Economics, Government or Public Administration.
- Flexibility to work some early mornings and some evenings is required.
- A valid PA driver’s license and properly insured vehicle is required.
Experience in any of the following areas would provide a firm foundation for personal reward and success in this role, but is not required:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Relationship management and development
- Commercial/Industrial real estate knowledge
- Project management creating lasting positive impressions
- The opportunity to work each day to improve your community
- An inclusive environment for all employees
- A commitment to your professional development and growth
- Health, available dental and vision benefits; life insurance; and more
- Employer contribution to 401(k)
- Generous time off (vacation, sick time, personal days and holidays)
- Shortened summer office hours
- Flexible hybrid work environment, with opportunities to work remotely
- A year-round program of fun activities for staff to enjoy
This position will off a salary between $55,000 and $65,000 based on the right match of experience and skills.
Ready to join us?
We can’t wait to hear from you!
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Economic Development Specialist.”
- Cover letter
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com