Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
We are seeking an energetic, self-starting Digital Communications Specialist to join our dynamic corporate communications team in Camp Hill, PA. This is an exciting career opportunity for a motivated, energetic public relations counselor to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team in support of corporate communications programs for Gannett Fleming’s various internal and external audiences.
A successful candidate will have a solid foundation in public relations – writing, digital communications, media relations, and traditional and social media management and tracking tools. S/he will be skilled at gathering information from numerous sources and synthesizing it to help inform planning and shape communications activities.
Principal Responsibilities and essential functions
- Work collaboratively and productively with the team and internal stakeholders to understand needs, contribute to the development of strategic plans, help manage day-to-day activities, and ensure timely completion of all projects.
- Create and post relevant, original, high-quality content for primary social media channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram, with ability to choose most relevant hashtags and boost posts strategically. Monitor activity on these accounts as well.
- Leverage excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP Style to develop traditional and social media materials including news releases, social media content, editorials, emailers, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with reporters and bloggers to secure strategic placements that increase visibility of executives, subject matter experts, and the company.
- Leverage operation staff’s professional conference attendance via abstract writing/editing for senior leadership, social media promotion, and placement in show publicity.
- Manage stakeholder reviews process for communications deliverables, ensure compliance with best practices, provide metric reports and suggestions based on results.
- Be an integral part of strategic planning for Gannett Fleming’s business lines, advise them as opportunities for publicity arise, and provide best in class execution.
- Follow all corporate communications procedures and protocols.
Education and Licensing requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field.
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or experience
- 5+ years of experience developing and implementing integrated corporate communications programs geared to a variety of audiences. Experience with large, national brands is a plus.
- A go-getter with a high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, be assertive, and take ownership. Able to shift gears and acclimate quickly. Strong multi-tasking skills and the aptitude to effectively motivate the team and internal stakeholders to meet deadlines are essential.
- Understanding of brand positioning and management, message development, and how to shape corporate stories to fit current trends.
- A hands-on approach to social and traditional media and the ability to tell complex stories in an easily digestible way is required. Working knowledge of analytics and intelligence applications for research, list development, and reporting.
- Keen ability to leverage metrics to demonstrate measurable results.
- Excellent writing skills and a portfolio of written materials for print and digital deliverables that demonstrate the ability to write clearly and succinctly with zero defects using AP style, proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- A thorough understanding of digital communications and social media and how to integrate all forms of communications across multiple channels.
- Willingness to travel to Gannett Fleming offices and participate in industry events and professional conferences on a periodic basis.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Generally, within an office work environment. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to be physically present in the office.
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gannettfleming.com.