Website Dauphin County Library System
SUMMARY: Make a difference in your community, join The Library team! At The Library you will spend your work hours helping your fellow community members with their informational, recreational, and educational needs. In return, you will receive fair compensation, a strong benefits plan, and the priceless feeling of making a real difference. If you like helping people, are proficient with basic computer operation, and can communicate well, we’d love to meet you.
Dauphin County Library System, a non-profit organization, is seeking full time Library Manager for the East Shore Area Library. The successful candidate for the Library Manager position will be the primary liaison between The Library and the community it serves, developing community partnerships and providing staff direction to ensure an exceptional user experience. This leadership position promotes and interprets the programs, activities, and policies of The Library for their team, providing mentorship and motivation to their staff and volunteers.
· Bachelor’s degree, required and enrolled in an American Library Association accredited MLS degree OR MLS degree recognized by The Office of Commonwealth Libraries/PA Department of Education program. MLS or MLIS degree preferred.
· Two years’ management experience required, or three years increased supervisory experience
· Customer Service experience (Public Library setting preferred)
· Technology experience required
· Requires independent transportation for travel to libraries, programs, and outreach locations
· Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted to place materials on high and low shelves
RATE OF PAY: Annual salary range of $40,000-$42,000.
Full-Time Position at East Shore Area Library (4501 Ethel Street, Harrisburg) has the schedule of Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with occasional evening and weekends.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should complete The Library’s application and attach a resume at https://www.dcls.org/application
To apply for this job please visit www.dcls.org.