Conexus was founded in 2005, based upon a dedication to leveraging open protocol building automation technologies to help our clients take back the control of their buildings from proprietary systems. We are dedicated to making life better for both our employees and our clients.
Building automation systems (or BAS) include heating, cooling, security access controls, lighting, and more. Compared to 2005, almost all of these systems are now “open”, but few system integrators are as dedicated to the intent of “open” as Conexus. Today, we are focused on helping our clients optimize the comfort, safety and efficiency of their buildings, collating all the data buildings create into actionable information for our customers.
Our working environment is friendly, family-oriented, and collaborative. We believe in providing a workplace that fosters an environment that attracts, develops and retains the best team in the industry.
Learn more at https://www.conexuscommunity.com/
We are seeking an experienced Controls Technician in the Harrisburg area to provide technical support and service to systems during the installation and commissioning of new and expanded control systems. This position requires a high degree of specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy.
- Review engineered documentation of system design and sequences of operation to verify compliance with specifications and/or Conexus engineering standards
- Communicate any design issues discovered in commissioning process to engineering team in a timely manner to ensure compliance with design specifications
- Troubleshoot possible issues include identifying and debugging software and any hardware related issues
- Provide technical and application support for Distech and Tridium product lines as well as Ethernet, BACnet and LON networks
- Help develop and verify non-standard design and custom solutions from standard products
- Provide external training on BAS networks and systems with customers as required
- Perform system commissioning and performance verification including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary
- Evaluate field conditions as required and recommend design modifications to eliminate omissions, oversights and design inaccuracies
- Modify sequences of operation and create or modify graphics as required to support completion of project
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers and establish and maintain relationships with ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience
- Keep up to date with current product updates of all product lines that Conexus represents Qualifications Technical diploma from a two-year vocational technical school with a specialty in HVAC, building automation systems, computer technology 2 or more years’ experience in servicing electronic and mechanical systems is required
- Proficiency with PC’s in Windows environments, Web-enabled applications and database software and advanced competency in computer networking client/server environments is required Experience in BAS systems and sequences of operation including Ethernet, BACnet and LON networks Understanding of typical HVAC systems including hot water and steam boiler systems, chilled water systems using air cooled chillers, water cooled chillers, tower/boiler heat pump systems
- Must be comfortable using modern technology including MS Office Suite
- Team player with the ability to work well with others and independently
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Goal oriented, self-motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong organizational and time management skills Must pass security clearances to work in schools, prisons and government facilities Must be able to lift over 50 lbs., and meet the physical requirements such as safely climbing ladders, bending, stooping and maneuvering within confined spaces
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through the application site.
To apply for this job please visit hire.teamlmi.com.