Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
Position Summary: The role of the SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Healthcare Associate is to support the SNAP team in managing SNAP referrals, intakes, and applications healthcare partners.
• Accurately screen and assist households referred by healthcare partners in applying for SNAP benefits via COMPASS.
• Provide applicants with other resources to meet their needs, such as other food bank programs, 2-1-1, WIC, LIHEAP, medical benefits, etc.
• Educate and inform applicants of program rules, policies, and enrollment process to empower them to advocate for themselves to receive benefits.
• Assist applicants with uploading verifications via COMPASS as needed.
• Track status of submitted applications and follow-up as able and needed.
• Address client concerns, questions, and/or problems during follow-ups.
• Adhere to all outlined protocols regarding application security and confidentiality of information.
• Participate in community outreach, promotions, and public education opportunities with healthcare opportunities.
• In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, CPFB is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or two years professional work experience in a related field.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position.
• Call center experience preferred.
• One or more years’ customer service in a non-profit preferred.
• Experience or familiarity with SNAP and/or other government assistance programs preferred.
• Multilingual language a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to understand and work with the diverse dynamics of a non-profit as well as multi- cultural populations.
• Spanish speaking preferred.
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all aspects of department operation.
• Maintain required job knowledge, skills, and core professional competencies.
• Passion for customer service excellence, professional etiquette, personal boundaries, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to provide a caring and supportive personality and relate well with others.
• Must be friendly, outgoing, and comfortable speaking to people.
• Must have professional demeanor with the ability to work cooperatively across all levels of the organization.
• Excellent and effective communication skills for interaction with partner agencies and people in need of food assistance.
• Ability to organize work, set priorities, exercise independent judgment and to demonstrate flexibility in balancing the needs of various programs and staff.
• Ability to input and maintain accurate records, perform research and ability to compile data.
• Exhibit strong verbal, written, analytical, presentation, planning, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write, edit and proofread correspondence and materials for accuracy and style.
• Must be detail-oriented with the ability to plan, prioritize, take initiative, resolve problems, meet deadlines and multi-task.
• Must be reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
• Knowledge of the organization’s computer software and systems, including Microsoft Office Suite, department-specific software systems, telecommunications, and internet applications.
• Ability to attend departmental and all-staff meetings as directed, staying informed of ongoing changes in department and overall organization.
• Ability to travel and work independently and proactively in a range of settings.
• Detail oriented for maintaining program standards.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment (machines, tools, and devices) used in performing only the essential function include computer and related equipment, typewriter, calculator, photocopier, fax machine, and telephone.
Physical Requirements or Licenses:
• Position has the ability to work remote, in-office or hybrid at the discretion of the SNAP Outreach Manager or based on the needs of the organization.
• A valid driver’s license with history of a good driving record.
• Ability to travel that may include consecutive overnight stays, and traveling by car, bus, and airplane.
• Conditions may include working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
• The work environment is typically quiet.
Excellent benefit package included. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by January 28, 2022 to Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Department of Human Resources, 3908 Corey Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit centralpafoodbank.org..