Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
Position Summary: The Warehouse Associate supports the operation of the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank (CPFB) including the receiving, storage, and staging of multiple food products.
• Pick orders and stretch wrap completed pallets.
• Stage orders for delivery trucks and agency pickups.
• Load and unload trucks as required.
• Help clean and organize the warehouse.
• Maintain professional relationships with donors, agencies, volunteers, and coworkers.
• Assist in physical inventories.
• Perform assigned warehouse duties and other duties as required.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two years’ warehouse employment or related job experience.
• Warehouse equipment certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Follow safe equipment operating practices and the ability to maneuver electric rider pallet jacks and forklifts within warehouse performance standards.
• General knowledge of warehouse product flow from storing product in racks, picking orders from printed lists, loading pallets with product, and staging shipments for delivery trucks and agency pickups.
• Operate material handling equipment.
Physical Requirements or Licenses:
• Must be able to routinely lift or move up to 50 pounds.
• Regularly required to stand and walk.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold.
• May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places.
• The noise level is usually moderate.
Minimum 2 years warehouse experience desired. Excellent benefit package included. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by January 21, 2022 to Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Department of Human Resources, 3908 Corey Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109 or email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org