Ceisler Media is seeking an entry-level candidate to join its team in our Harrisburg or Pittsburgh office. Superior writing, research and communication skills are required. Experience working on or managing grassroots advocacy campaigns preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Solid understanding of public relations and experience with media engagement
- Strong research skills
- Client service experience and poise working with senior leadership
- Ability to juggle and prioritize responsibilities based on impact, timelines, team workflow, and goals
- Results-oriented and service-minded with ability to develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Willingness to adapt to the many changing requirements/needs of a fast-paced company
- Collaborative work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented culture
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and influencing skills
- Conscientious, motivated, self-directed, and proactive with a willingness to take on additional projects
- Proven track record of excellence, ownership, and accountability
- Confident personality supported by disciplined, logical thinking and fact-based, documented conclusions and opinions
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and competing priorities
- Highly focused, organized, and detail-oriented
- Experience managing and developing social media content for clients
- Experience with digital media and design a plus
- Technical Skills: Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365; knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Conducts detailed research and analysis for Ceisler Media clients, their issues, causes and campaigns.
- Drafts press releases, media advisories, letters to the editor/op-eds, media pitches, speeches, testimony, byline articles, white papers, etc.
- Supports digital campaigns through the development of social media content for various channels, working in collaboration with our Digital and Creative Services team.
- Collaborates with Project Management team to ensure accurate record keeping of all critical stakeholder information, including contact information for elected officials, media members and key partners in our major locations.
- Handles daily media monitoring and produces regular reports on media coverage and social media activity
- Provides logistical support in planning and staffing of client related events
- Assists with media outreach including both proactive (crafting pitches, developing reporter relationships, etc.) and reactive (taking media calls about events, breaking news, etc.)
- Assists with building and managing coalitions around advocacy issues, including email communications and regular contact with coalition partners and key stakeholders
- 2 – 5 years experience at a public relations agency and/or an in-house communications function for a professional services company; internships will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Political Science or other liberal arts discipline
To apply, please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Portfolio of work
- Two references
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit www.ceislermedia.com.