Health and Safety Specialist
Are you looking for an opportunity where your Health and Safety training and skills will make a difference and shine? We are seeking a dynamic team player as a Health and Safety Specialist to join a team of professionals in Harrisburg, PA. This opportunity offers a diversity of ideas, workflow, and safety and health situations.
If the description below sounds exactly like what you’ve been looking for, Apply Now!
• Plan and organize service requests to meet target dates and production goals
• Develop and deliver health and safety training
• Conduct occupational safety assessments and audits
• Analyze data and prepare technical reports and give recommendations
• Provide support for injury/illness prevention, safety, industrial hygiene, regulatory compliance, and loss control programs
• Work independently to provide on-site health and safety support
• Work in a collaborative team environment with flexibility to adapt to client needs
• Excellent customer service and follow-up skills
• Some travel up to 20 including periodic overnight travel to various 24/7 facilities and other agency worksites within PA
• Understand your clients’ needs and build relationships
• Required Skills and Experience:
• 3-10 years of experience providing safety and health services and/or B.S. Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• A health and safety certification (ASP, GSP, CSP)
Achieve the requirements and primary accountabilities by:
• Strong problem solving/troubleshooting practices
• Being a team player and working cross-functionally.
• Managing resources and relationships – internally and externally.
• Consistently evaluating processes – recommending changes when appropriate.
• Communicating throughout the organization.
• Initiating new, creative ideas.
• Having a willingness to be flexible – adapting to new paths.
• Able to manage multiple projects.
Here’s What We Have To Offer
• Professional Development
• Company Paid Training
• Flexible Work Environment
• Competitive Compensation Based on Experience
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, HSA, FSA, 401K with company match
• Paid Holidays and Generous PTO Package
$50K – $65K DOE
To apply for this job please visit www.abelpersonnel.com.