JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Hours: Full-Time, 35 hours/week Monday- Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY:
The Administrative Assistant is the face of the organization. You will be the first voice callers hear when contacting and first face they see when visiting in-person. Positive attitude, strong conflict resolution skills, the ability to multitask, and excellent communication skills are vital to succeeding in this role. You will be expected to field general questions from account balances to program information for consumers with varying degrees of intellectual and developmental disabilities. You will also assist the Representative Payee department with various duties from stamping checks, stuffing envelopes, running postage, filing of important documents and data entry for consumer accounts. Proficiency in Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is needed to handle scheduling, managing email traffic and performing data entry for various spreadsheets covering several programs. You will often speak with consumers that have difficulty expressing their questions and difficulty enunciating words. Being able to remain friendly and calm under stress is important to your success in this role and job satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform general front desk reception duties to include filing, answering and transferring phone calls, and responding to emails.
· Provide excellent customer service to consumer and vendor inquiries.
· Assist the Rep Payee department with consumer account balance inquiries and filing.
· Properly direct calls and general questions.
· Greet guests as they arrive.
· File documents.
· Sort mail.
· Manage executive calendar, set up/break down office space for meetings.
· Data entry in various programs and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
· Perform any other clerical duties necessary to maintain organizational operations.
Other responsibilities, in addition to those listed above, may be required in the process of maintaining a standard of excellence in the organization.
Qualified candidates for this position will possess the following:
· High School Diploma or GED
· General bookkeeping or billing experience
· Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint Proficiency
· Ability to understand balance statements
· Strong communication, and Customer Service skills
· Ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner
· High attention to detail
· Ability to work as a team member
· Comfortable working with consumers with intellectual and developmental disabilities
· Previous experience in customer service or work with the intellectual disabilities’ community a plus
Employee must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a command of grammar and punctuation, excellent proofreading skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and courteously in person, over the telephone, and via email.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods, talk, hear/listen, write, type, and walk/move frequently; Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (repetitive motion).
This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, reading incoming mail).
This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
Must be able to fluently speak and read the English language.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit www.abelpersonnel.com.