Community Healthcare Advocate
Lebanon & Lancaster Communities
Work in a purposeful and fulfilling position specifically designed to assist members of disparate populations by interacting with clients and the community through in person, phone, and written communication to understand their concerns, needs, and goals, and working toward collaborative goal setting.
Community Healthcare Advocate Key Functions/Responsibilities
● Build relationships with assigned members through in-person, phone, and written communication to understand their concerns, needs, and goals, and works toward collaborative goal setting.
● Attend community meetings to understand community issues or to build relationships with community members.
● Meet members at physician appointments, in the community, and in the members’ homes to support involvement in personal healthcare decisions. Assists members with Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) needs.
Community Healthcare Advocate Skills/Abilities:
● Knowledge of community health resources and social determinants of health. Knowledge of Lancaster and Lebanon resources is highly desired.
● Effective active listening skills and effective communication with members and establish trust.
● Bilingual in Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing) is highly desired.
● Experience using Microsoft Office and data entry.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
● A high school diploma or GED is required. Associates Degree in Human Services or other correlated field preferred.
● Two (2) years of work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience preferred.
● Certified Community Health Worker; or ability to pass CHW Certification process within 18 months of hire.
Physical Requirements & Conditions of Employment:
● Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive safely to client and community locations throughout the day.
● Ability to walk limited distances outdoors and climb stairs to meet with members in their home or community environment.
● Ability to communicate verbally in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
● A significant amount of travel with 80% of the time on the road utilizing your own reliable transportation to travel throughout the day to member meetings.
Compensation and Benefits
● Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience; $35K salary employee.
● Generous benefits offered (health, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, 401k).
To apply for this job please visit www.abelpersonnel.com.