Geoffrey Roche, Harrisburg University Director of Strategic Healthcare Initiatives, has been selected to serve on the Health Equity Task Force of the National Infrastructure for Mitigating the Impact of COVID-19 within Racial and Ethnic Minority Communities (NIMIC) initiative.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health recently selected the Morehouse School of Medicine as an awardee for a new $40 million initiative to fight COVID-19 in racial and ethnic minority, rural, and socially vulnerable communities.The initiative is made possible by a partnership between Morehouse’s Satcher Health Leadership Institute and the CDC Foundation.
Dr. Daniel Dawes, Director of the Health Equity Task Force, invited Roche to serve on the task force. The group’s work will begin virtually in July.
The initiative is a three-year project designed to work with community-based organizations across the nation to deliver education and information on resources to help fight the pandemic. The information network will strengthen efforts to link communities to COVID-19 testing, healthcare and social services and to best share and implement effective response, recovery and resilience strategies.
A champion of the community, Roche has volunteered and has been appointed to serve on numerous Committees and Taskforces during these difficult times.
- Pennsylvania Department of Health Office of Health Equity Advisory Committee which advises the Secretary of Health on matters concerning health inequalities and recommend actions which are data-driven, evidence-based, and culturally aware; increase public awareness of the existence of health disparities; and mobilize statewide, community and individuals actions to eliminate health disparities in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Department of Health Covid-19 Health Equity Response Leadership Team
- Lebanon County Economic Recovery Taskforce Leadership Team
- Pennsylvania Department of Health State Health Assessment and Healthy Pennsylvania Partnership
- Patient Safety Committee at Lebanon’s Wellspan Good Samaritan Hosptial as a community representative.
About Harrisburg University
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Harrisburg University is a private non-profit university offering bachelor and graduate degree programs in science, technology, and math fields to a diverse student body. For more information on the University’s affordable demand-driven undergraduate and graduate programs, call 717.901.5146 or email, Connect@HarrisburgU.edu.