HATS Seeks Chamber & CREDC Members’ Input on Region’s Transportation Needs
On: February 2, 2018 Filed Under: Member News
The Harrisburg Area Transportation Study (HATS) is currently updating the 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) and would like to hear from CREDC’s membership.
The RTP is the long-range transportation plan for Cumberland, Dauphin & Perry counties. It determines how we will:
- prepare for an increase in cars & trucks;
- manage congestion & traffic safety;
- make our roads & bridges the best they can be;
- get our goods from one place to another;
- provide convenient public transit;
- accommodate bike riders & pedestrians;
- keep our rail traffic flowing;
- improve our airports;
- offer access to the disabled & elderly;
- protect our environment;
- and so much more.
HATS welcomes suggestions and comments. To make your voice heard on any of these issues, visit: www.tcrpc-pa.org/rtp.
HATS is the designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties and their 103 municipalities. It works with federal, state and local agencies from throughout South-Central Pennsylvania, including the City of Harrisburg and Capital Area Transit, to meet the transportation needs of an area covering nearly 1,700 square miles.