The City of Harrisburg is providing federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) funds for eligible Small Businesses and Microenterprises which have been negatively impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. These special CDBG-CV funds were appropriated through the CARES Act of 2020 and awarded to the city by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The city is intending to provide grants of up to $10,000 to eligible, for-profit businesses.
To be eligible for the CDBG-CV grant program, a business must:
- – Be based and operated within Harrisburg’s city limits as proven by their financial records and business operating license from the City of Harrisburg
- – Earn $1 million or less in annual gross revenues
- – Employ 10 or less full-time equivalent employees
- – Have been open and operating in the city as of 9/1/2019 or before as documented by the date of the business’ city operating license and by revenues earned in 2019.
Preference will be given to those businesses which:
- – Did not receive any grant funding from the City of Harrisburg during the round of grant funding disbursed by Impact Harrisburg earlier this year
- – Employ at least 51% Low- to Moderate- Income employees as determined by HUD and retain those employees
- – Employ 5 or less individual employees, including the owner(s), and the owner(s) is/are Low- to- Moderate- Income as determined by HUD
- – Provide essential goods or services benefitting at least 51% Low- to Moderate- Income residents in a Low-to Moderate- Income residential area as defined by HUD
– Did not receive any other CARES act assistance for the business
To apply for the grant program, interested small businesses and microenterprises will need to complete a pre-application, which will be made available on this website. If initial eligibility is confirmed through this process, then applicants will be sent a secure encrypted email to use for submitting their full application and all supporting documentation.
About the Chamber & CREDC’s encrypted email: After you submit your pre-application, in order of receipt we will be sending applicants a secure encrypted email which will be listed in your inbox as coming from firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you click on that email you will receive a generic form email. In the 2nd paragraph there will be a “click here” link to log into the Barracuda Message Center to retrieve your message.
After clicking on that link, you will be prompted to set up a password for the email address you listed on your application. That password must be a minimum of 8 characters and contain at least 1 special character (such as *#@$).
Once setting up your password, please keep that close by to use in our communications going forward. You will then be directed to an inbox with record of our communications, the first email being from your assigned processor. This staff person will be your point person for sending all additional information.
A complete list of documentation will include but is not limited to:
- – CDBG-CV Grant Application
- – 2019 Federal Business Tax Return
- – Company prepared projections covering 12/1/2020 through 3/31/2021 (a template will be provided. This to be done like a checkbook register for the business.)
- – A company prepared Income Statement covering the period from the end of your 2019 tax year to 10/31/2020
- – Business Debt Schedule
- – W-9
- – City of Harrisburg Business License
- – DUNS Number – see note below
- – Employee Payroll and Demographic Information (a form will be provided)
- – Owner Personal Tax Returns for 2019 (in certain circumstances)
- – Self certification form for owner’s family income
- – Customer Lists
- – Company prepared income statement covering twelves months prior to pandemic (3/1/2019 through 2/29/2020)
- – Federal Business Tax Returns
The DUNS number is required for all businesses obtaining grants from the US Government. All interested businesses will need to register and obtain a DUNS number to receive grant funding. If you have a DUNS number now, please include it in the application. If you do not have a DUNS number currently, it is free to obtain and can be obtained HERE. Evidence that your request for a DUNS number has been filed will be required with your application if you do not have a DUNS number currently.