HARRISBURG SYMPHONY ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES NEW BOARD CHAIR AND NEWEST MEMBERS
Harrisburg, PA (August 5, 2021) – The Harrisburg Symphony Association is pleased to announce the appointment of five new board members.
• Joyce M. Davis, Opinion Editor at PennLive and The Patriot News
• Fred DePalma, Senior VP, Senior Resident Director & Portfolio Manager at Merrill Lynch
• John Lufburrow, Vice President of Eastern PA Commercial Markets at Highmark Inc.
• Peter K. Powers, Dean of the School of Arts, Culture, and Society at Messiah University
• David B. Skerpon, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Capital BlueCross
Newly appointed Board Chair, Patricia Ferris, longtime member of the Symphony Board, has previously served as President of the Symphony Society and led the symphony’s highly successful 2009 Showhouse. Additionally, Ferris serves on the board of the Cumberland County Historical Society, as well as the Advisory Committee of the Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation, part of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities.
“I am deeply gratified to begin my time as Chair of the Board having donors, audiences and musicians still fully engaged with, and enthusiastic about, the Harrisburg Symphony. As we prepare to begin again, I thank all who have made it possible for us to do so with joy and confidence,” said Patricia Ferris, Board Chair.
“I’m thrilled to work with our new Chair, Patricia Ferris, and our incoming directors, all of whom bring exemplary backgrounds of leadership and service,” said Matthew Herren, Executive Director. “Their guidance is especially valuable now, as we continue our work to expand and strengthen the HSO’s place within the Capital Region during this unusual time for the arts.”