Gathering valuable economic and demographic data for the Harrisburg region’s business climate just got easier. Thanks to the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC’s new partnership with LocalIntel, business data about the Harrisburg region, including customer base, competition, economic indicators, demographics and much more, is now just a few clicks away.
“As the Harrisburg region’s economic development organization, we realize how important this data is to showcase the health and growing economy of our community,” explained Melissa Stone, VP of Economic Development at CREDC. “Potential businesses and investors in our region want reliable data at their fingertips to make informed decisions about expanding and locating. Now, we can offer it all in one place, readily demonstrating the value of the Harrisburg region to all those with business decisions to make.”
After the debut of its redesigned website last summer, the Chamber & CREDC has looked for additional ways to create a stronger digital presence for its members, including new online resources such as its VoterVoice integration and LocalIntel’s interactive interface. The tools provided through the Chamber & CREDC website showcase the Harrisburg region’s competitive edge, low cost of living, stable economy, and exceptional quality of life.
The tools include:
- Story Map – shares Harrisburg region’s overview and key competitive advantages
- Business Climate – reviews statistics, taxes, incentives and trends
- Industry Trends – displays research and performance indicators for nearly any industry
- Competition – analyzes location, size and employees of your competitors
- Workforce – evaluates occupation, education and location of Harrisburg residents
- Properties – searches available properties for sale or lease
- Transportation – identifies traffic, transit and parking in the metropolitan area
- Utilities – Locates water, waste and drainage services
“This easily accessible data will help all business owners, from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 companies, make effective business decisions, hopefully ones that bring them to Harrisburg,” added David Black, President & CEO of the Chamber & CREDC. “We believe these tools will help bring clarity around our region’s advantages and fill a need for a reliable data source.”
ABOUT HARRISBURG REGIONAL CHAMBER & CREDC
Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC serves as a catalyst for promoting growth and quality of life in Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry Counties through bold leadership, visionary members and powerful results. The organization provides a unique blend of business, community/economic development and advocacy services under one roof to boost the economic vitality and livability across our region. The Chamber & CREDC has been accredited with five stars from the United States Chamber of Commerce—a distinction achieved by only 2 percent of chambers across the nation.