The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC, in close partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), congratulates eight Harrisburg Market Keystone Innovation Zone (KIZ) companies on being awarded KIZ tax credits in the 2018 application round. CREDC coordinates the Harrisburg Market KIZ and facilitates eligible KIZ companies’ access to this valuable program. A total of $578,232 was awarded to eight companies in Cumberland and Dauphin counties.
To be eligible for KIZ tax credits, a company must:
- Be located in the Boundaries of a DCED approved KIZ;
- Be in operation for less than eight years;
- And operate within key industry clusters such as advanced manufacturing, bio-technology, and other technology-oriented businesses with newly developed intellectual property.
KIZ tax credits can be used to offset certain state tax liabilities or sold for cash through exchanges, which significantly contributes to the ability of young emerging growth companies to transition throughout the stages of business and fund development and operations within some of the most challenging years.
“We aim to foster the growth and advancement of important technology industries in Central Pennsylvania,” said David Black, President and CEO of the Chamber & CREDC. “The KIZ tax credits are a powerful way to reward entrepreneurial thinking and startup businesses that have the potential to improve the economic vitality of our region.”
The companies awarded are:
- • Paddington Technology Group LLC – TechCelerator @ Carlisle by CREDC, Cumberland County ($84,182)
- • Cambridge Zoo Technologies, LLC – TechCelerator @ Carlisle by CREDC, Cumberland County ($84,182)
- • Candlestick Technologies, LLC – TechCelerator @ Carlisle by CREDC, Cumberland County ($84,182)
- • Crimewatch Technologies, Inc. – TechCelerator @ Carlisle by CREDC, Cumberland County ($84,182)
- • Inbound Marketing, Inc. – TechCelerator @ Carlisle by CREDC, Cumberland County ($64,965)
- • Vispronet, Inc – TechCelerator @ Carlisle by CREDC, Cumberland County ($84,182)
- • Ephyra Group LLC (now named Gusto) – Train Station, Dauphin County ($8,175)
- • New Era Orthopaedics, LLC – Hershey Center for Applied Research, Dauphin County ($84,182)
ABOUT HARRISBURG REGIONAL CHAMBER & CREDC
Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC serves as a catalyst for promoting growth and quality of life in Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry Counties through bold leadership, visionary members and powerful results. The organization provides a unique blend of business, community/economic development and advocacy services under one roof to boost the economic vitality and livability across our region. The Chamber & CREDC has been accredited with five stars from the United States Chamber of Commerce—a distinction achieved by less than 2 percent of chambers across the nation.