FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Annual awards honors visionary leaders and businesses in Harrisburg region
Harrisburg, PA (October 12, 2022) – The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC today announced eight visionary leaders and businesses that the organization will honor at its upcoming annual Catalyst Awards celebration. The Catalyst Awards recognizes recipients for their commitment to leading positive change in the region, creating more opportunities for business, and building a brighter future in the region. Recipients are selected by a panel of local business and community representatives.
The 2022 Catalyst Awards categories and recipients are:
- Athena Award: Kathleen McKenzie, Highmark Blue Shield
- Catalyst Award: M&T Bank and Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology (CIE)
- Corporate Diversity Champion of the Year: The GIANT Company
- Diversity Influencer of the Year: John “Ski” Sygielski, HACC
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Derek Dilks, Dilks Properties
- Government Leader of the Year: Nathan Silcox, Hampden Township Commissioner
- Small Business of The Year: Cornerstone Coffeehouse
- Volunteer of The Year: Davis Holliday, Searcher Films
“We are incredibly proud to honor this group of visionary and dynamic individuals and businesses for their commitment to our region,” said Ryan Unger, President & CEO of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC. “This diverse group has demonstrated the characteristics and values of being true catalysts for change and opportunity in our region.”
The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC will host the Catalyst Awards ceremony on Wednesday, December 7th at Hilton Harrisburg. The event is open to the public. Visit the Chamber’s website to register.
Media Contact: Tyler Schwind, Communications Director, 717.213.5046, email@example.com
About the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC
Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC serves as a catalyst for promoting growth and quality of life in Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry Counties through bold leadership, visionary members and powerful results. Building on its 136-year history, the organization provides a unique blend of business, community/economic development and advocacy services under one roof to boost economic vitality and livability across the region. The Chamber & CREDC is 5-star accredited by the United States Chamber of Commerce, a distinction achieved by less than five percent of chambers across the nation.
# # #