HARRISBURG REGIONAL CHAMBER & CAPITAL REGION ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (CREDC) ANNOUNCES 2016 BOARD OFFICERS
HARRISBURG (January 7, 2016) – The Harrisburg Regional Chamber Board of Directors and the Capital Region Economic Development Corporation (CREDC) Board of Directors announced their 2016 Board Chairs. Deborah Suder will serve as Chair, Harrisburg Regional Chamber Board of Directors and Jewel Cooper will serve as Chair, CREDC Board of Directors for 2016.
Deborah Suder is currently the Senior Principal of Government Relations for Buchanan Ingersoll Rooney P.C. Prior to joining Buchanan in 1993, she served as assistant vice president of government affairs for the Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers and also was the associate director of governmental affairs for the Pennsylvania Retailers Association for two years. In addition to being selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®, Deborah was named a 2014 “Lawyer of the Year” for her work in the Harrisburg Government Relations Practice by Best Lawyers.
She is a graduate of Lock Haven State College with a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Pre-Law. Deborah obtained her Master’s degree in Governmental Administration at the University of Pennsylvania.
Suder explained, “The Harrisburg Chamber is an essential component of our business community. As individual companies we cannot develop or improve the region without benefiting from the guidance of the organization whose fundamental mission is to be catalyst for policy change, job creation and business growth. True advancement requires a united front with all industries pulling together toward common goals and the Chamber leading the charge…..working together we can make our community GREAT!”
Jewel Cooper joined BB&T with the Susquehanna Bank merger in November 2015. She is a Senior Vice President responsible for new business development efforts in the Capital Region. Prior to joining BB&T, she was a Senior Vice President with Susquehanna in a similar capacity. She started her banking career with Fulton Bank and was with Fulton for 18 years. She has over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry.
Jewel graduated from Penn State University with a Bachelor of Science degree. She is also a graduate of the Central Pennsylvania School of Banking and the Central Pennsylvania Advanced School of Banking.
Cooper stated, “CREDC has had a tremendous economic impact on the tri-county region. In the past 15 years, we have originated 385 projects including loans, grants and tax credits. Thanks to the expertise of our staff these projects have leveraged over $314 million in private investment and have had a total economic impact of $445 million. But most importantly, over 13,000 jobs have been created or retained. It is an honor and a privilege to be involved with an organization that makes such a HUGE contribution to our Region!”
The additional slate of 2016 Harrisburg Regional Chamber Officers and Executive Committee is as follows:
- 1st Vice Chair – Jim Mooney, Enginuity LLC
- 2nd Vice Chair – Sheilah Borne, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Treasurer – Barb Bowker, PSECU
- Secretary – Tom Sposito, Integrity Bank
- At-Large Member – Meron Yemane, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
The additional slate of 2016 CREDC Officers and Executive Committee is as follows:
- 1st Vice Chair – Rick Seitz, Alexander Building Construction
- 2nd Vice Chair – Nick DiFrancesco, Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers
- Treasurer – Jeannine Peterson, Hamilton Health Center
- Secretary – Ben Dunlap, Nauman, Smith, Shissler & Hall, LLP
- At-Large Member – Mayur Patel, Laughner Patel Developers
New Board members elected for 2016 are as follows:
- Jeff Blatherwick, Penn National Insurance
- Karen Gunnison, Capital BlueCross
- Kevin Kline, BDO
- Bob Marquette, Members 1st Federal Credit Union
- Kyle Snyder, Holy Spirit – A Geisinger Affiliate
- John “Ski” Sygielski, Harrisburg Area Community College
- Dennis Walsh, The Bravo Group
- Wade Becker, RKL
- Jonathan Encarnacion, UPMC For You
- Steve Foreman, M&T Bank
- Casey Khuri, NAI/CIR
- David LaTorre, LaTorre Communications
- Anthony Worrall, Reynolds Enterprises
The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC serves as a catalyst for promoting growth and quality of life in Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry Counties by providing a unique blend of business, community and economic development and advocacy services under one roof to boost our economic vitality and livability as a region. The Chamber & CREDC has been accredited with five stars from the United States Chamber of Commerce.