Small businesses and farmers can apply for up to $5,000 for Energy Efficiency, Pollution Prevention, and Natural Resource Protection projects through the Department of Environmental Protection’s Small Business Advantage Grant Program. $1 million is available for 2021-2022 awards!
To be eligible, a business:
- Must be registered in PA (any business except sole proprietorships under the owner’s name)
- Must have a Commonwealth of PA Vendor Number
- Must employee 100 or fewer Full Time Equivalent employees (incl. all parent companies or subsidiaries under common ownership)
- Cannot be a franchise
- Must save at least 25% and $500 in energy or pollution prevention costs (based on utility costs, disposal costs, etc.)
- Other restrictions apply – See Program Guidelines.
A Grant Calculator is available to estimate savings and maximum grant awards! An Application Checklist is also available to help applicants to know what they will need to apply for funding. Program documents and additional information is available here: Small Business Advantage Grant (pa.gov). Contact information can be found in the Program Guidelines.