Gannett Fleming awarded $4,000 scholarships to seven children of employees as part of the 2018 Gannett Fleming Scholarship Program.
“We received more applications this year than in any other year since the program’s inception, and I couldn’t be prouder to help these scholars achieve their educational goals,” said Bob Scaer, PE, Gannett Fleming chairman and CEO. “Our scholarship program illustrates Gannett Fleming’s commitment to fostering an environment of lifelong learning.”
- Lasya Anantuni is the daughter of Krishna Anantuni, PE, a senior project manager based in the Phoenix office. Lasya plans to attend Emory University in Atlanta.
- Jenna Bologa is the daughter of Denise Bologa, PE, a project engineer based in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, office. Jenna plans to attend The Pennsylvania State University in University Park, Pennsylvania.
- Madeline Brown-Scherer is the daughter of David Scherer, PE, ENV SP, a geotechnical engineer based in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, office. Madeline plans to attend Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.
- Brinton Gibbons is the son of James Gibbons, a vice president and regional manager of construction services based in the Marlton, New Jersey, office. Brinton plans to attend Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey.
- Brita Hawtof is the daughter of Steven Hawtof, PE, ENV SP, a project manager based in the Baltimore office. Brita attends the University of Maryland, College Park in Prince Georges County, Maryland.
- Joshua Holcomb is the son of Scott Holcomb, PE, PTOE, a senior transportation engineer based in the Baltimore office. Joshua attends the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- Marta Pawluczuk is the daughter of Anna Pawluczuk, a project designer based in the New York office. Marta plans to attend Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
A panel of nonpartisan judges selected these students based on their outstanding scholarship, leadership, and character. The Gannett Fleming Scholarship Program, created in 2000, recognizes and supports the children and grandchildren of the firm’s employees. The recipients responded to two essay questions, provided their academic records and letters of recommendation, and demonstrated involvement in community and extracurricular activities.
Gannett Fleming is a global infrastructure and engineering firm that provides progressive solutions for transportation, earth sciences and natural resources, geospatial, water, power, and facilities projects. Founded in 1915, our experience spans 65 countries and thousands of successful projects. Our 2,000 employees deliver excellence in planning, design, technology, and construction management from more than 60 offices around the world. We consistently rank among the industry’s top design firms and embrace sustainability, innovation, and advanced solutions to solve our clients’ complex challenges and improve the communities they serve. We are ISO 9001:2008 Certified, which assures clients that we meet the most rigorous and independently audited quality standards. Gannett Fleming achieved $410 million in revenues in 2017. For more information, visit www.gannettfleming.com.