Every year, the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC honors the visionary, dynamic leaders and organizations creating change in the Harrisburg region at the annual Catalyst Awards. These awards are presented to those making a difference in our communities, creating more opportunities for businesses and building a brighter future for our region. Award recipients are judged by a panel of local business and community representatives, and recipients are chosen by their impact and facilitation of change of our area.
2021 Award Nominations are OPEN!
Submit a nomination today:
Athena Award Nominees must:
Demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession
Provide valuable service by devoting time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
Assist women in reaching their full leadership potential.
The most prestigious award given by the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC is the Catalyst Award.
The Catalyst Award honors an individual or group of individuals whose leadership, business or governmental activities and community service have best exemplified the organization’s goal of being a Catalyst for our region in making it a better place to live, work and play. In short, it is special recognition for a person, group or organization who has made a difference over the past year or perhaps over a lifetime of service to the region.
Corporate Diversity Champion of the Year Award
The Corporate Diversity Champion of the Year Award is given to an organization that has implemented a strong internal diversity program and demonstrated strong values of inclusion in our region. They are a model for others to emulate.
Nominees for the Corporate Diversity Champion of the Year Award must meet the following qualifications:
- A business entity or non-profit organization with operations in Cumberland, Dauphin and/or Perry counties.
- Has enacted self-regulation (and/or codes of business conduct) to ensure attaining and maintaining compliance with all its legal obligations and generally accepted ethical norms.
- Has and demonstrates an affirmative policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DIVERSITY Infulencer of the Year AWARD
The Diversity Influencer of the Year is someone who works in their community and/or organization to promote diversity and inclusion. This individual or group of people has shown exemplary leadership in ensuring that all individuals are included, represented and served. They have supported or pioneered existing projects or programs involving the advancement of diversity and inclusion.
Nominees may be an individual or group of individuals, but not a company or non-profit organization. Diversity Influencers may be found at every level and within any size of an organization and how they champion diversity may vary considerably.
Entrepreneur of the Year AWARD
The Entrepreneur of the Year Award honors an entrepreneur(s) who has taken a risk and demonstrated creativity, self-motivation and strong vision.
Nominees for Entrepreneur of the Year must meet the following qualifications:
- An individual or a group of individuals who assumed the financial risk of starting and operating a business venture;
- Founded (not purchased) at least one company (no franchises);
- The company must have been in existence a minimum of three years;
- Locally owned and operated for-profit entity; and
- Headquartered in Cumberland, Dauphin or Perry counties.
Government Leader of the Year Award
An individual or group of individuals whose leadership in governmental activities, public administration or legislative leadership best exemplified the organization’s goal of good government, to good public policy, leadership on an issue of interest to the membership of the Chamber & CREDC or the region in general toward making our region a better place to live, work and play. In short, it is a special recognition for someone who has made a difference over the past year, or perhaps even over a lifetime of service to the region.
Small Business of the Year AWARD
The Small Business of the Year Award honors a small business that demonstrates staying power, innovation and has a strong commitment to the community.
Nominees for Small Business of the Year must meet the following qualifications:
- Locally owned and operated for-profit entity;
- Headquartered in Cumberland, Dauphin or Perry counties;
- Total employment may not exceed 100; and
- Annual revenue cannot exceed $20 million.
Volunteer of the Year AWARD
The Volunteer of the Year award is awarded by the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC to an individual who has demonstrated above and beyond dedication to improving the Harrisburg region by serving the Chamber & CREDC in different ways. These individuals donate their time and energy to improvethe region by serving on board, participating in committees and acting as a Champion for the Chamber and other organizations in our area.
Past Volunteer of the Year Award Recipients
2019 – Sylvia Hepler
2018 – Lynda Morris
2017 – Devon DiBiase
2016 – Brenna Kernan
2015 – Sheilah Borne